If you are involved in a long distance relationship, you probably know that it is not an easy one. Phone calls and e-mails can help you keep in touch but to spice it up you need something unexpected and romantic- it could be little gifts, bouquets of flowers or …a love letter. A love letter, once a very popular way of expressing feelings, is unfortunately forgotten nowadays. But whether your heart is full of love and affection, or broken, you can use a love letter to convey those difficult -to-express feelings.
Here we offer you some guidelines that will help you to write a love letter or love email to your beloved.
1. Date your Love Letter (month, day, year). This is a letter that will be treasured and remembered. You can bet that it will be read over and over and safeguarded in a special place.
2. For greeting use you love's first name. For example: "My dearest Anastasia . . ."
3. Start your Love Letter by telling your beloved reasons for writing and never insult your beloved's feelings or belittle yourself by saying something like: "I know you probably don't feel this way," or "You must think I'm crazy." If you are timid in your Love Letter, your attempt at conveying heartfelt words will fall flat and might be misunderstood.
4. List reasons for why you fell in love with your beloved:
recall when you fell in love with her
describe how much you miss your love when you're apart
list some of the many things you have in common
tell how wonderful and complete she makes you feel
recall some special moments you've shared together
5. Make your closing upbeat and positive: "There, I have said it. I can rest now. And as I dream, I will dream of you." And don't just end with: "Love, James." Even if you said, "All my love," it would be better. Or something even more romantic like:"Forever yours."
Remember that a love letter is a sincere letter of respect that conveys your deepest feelings, so avoid being openly erotic. You want your Love Letter to make your beloved fall in love, not fall into laughter. Be confident as you express your emotions, dreams, and vulnerability. Good luck!